I had somewhat organize this development, since there is so many things that has to be done. All basic stuff is done and it is time to start spicing it up. But how and where? One thing is clear, the tough plan is clear:
1. All core mechanics - game must be fun at the end of this stage and playable, even though it will be ugly as hell
2. switch to openGL - some might argue that it is silly not to begin with it, but reason behind it is to lean stuff. First explore basic java capabilities, then do the switch.
Yeah, great, but how to do the first stage? I decided iterative development is for the best:
1. Define target features of iteration
Target of first iteration, which I recently finished was to create playable prototype. Where "playable" means the following:
2. Buy stuff and enhance your ship
3. After you beat a mission, select next spot on the macro map.
In the end the iteration consisted of 10 tasks.
All is done now :)