Sunday, 9 March 2014

Iteration 4 - finished

So, I spent this whole week developing my game. The target was to make my game "playable". This means rough skeleton of finished product. Randomverse is about space exploration, so this means - movement around space map and visiting places. 
In the sense of skeleton I kinda did what I wanted. But I am now absolutely terrified by amount of work that is necessary to make it playable and enjoyable. In my estimates I just did not pay enough attention to game content. Well, to my defence, I had no idea how much work it could be. I was just focused on the tools to be able to create content. 
Now I have like 80% of tools and almost zero content. And now I know i will spend probably same amount of time on content like on framework. Scary. 

Anyway. How went the development? As always I made a list of things I wanted to get done and sticked to it. Sometimes it forced framework changes, but that was okay. It was also about testing my framework if it is capable to do anything I wanted. 

Menu stayed the same

 I added some levels, some new testing sprites and tested all kinds of formations I worked on last week. Circle is totaly my favorite :)
 Major addition to framework was event system with choices. Like conversations in rpgs. It does what it should, but the code is ugly and will need some refactor

 Some new movements
Map upgrades - generation, missions, scanner...

... and very simple ladder that will need full rework.

Next steps are obvious. Content content content.
Then openGL
Then sound
Then graphics
Then release!

No comments:

Post a Comment